Time for some tweaking
Thursday, January 10, 2013
I know I have made a lot of progress since joining SparkPeople, but not so much in the weight loss area. I am exercising 45-60 minutes a day, which is one of my biggest changes. I found a meal plan I can stick to called Carb Cycling, from Dr. Oz. It's a plan where you alternate between heavier and lighter carb days, and on the light days get more calories from healthy fats. Since starting the cycling, I have brought both my blood sugar and blood pressure to normal levels. It is especially good for leveling out blood sugar, which is why I tried it in the first place. It is also great for energy levels.
I've lost weight on SP, about 15 pounds since July 27. I seem to have stalled in the last month though. I still need to lose about 30 pounds. After thinking about it, I've decided I need to do some tweaking. It seems so obvious now, but I am going to do the following:
1. Limit myself to one slice of whole wheat bread a day.
2. Eat more chicken and fish. I have been eating more pork lately, but I already limit beef.
3. I don't eat a lot of butter. I avoid it on carb days and have less than a tablespoon on fat days, but I'm going to avoid it altogether for now.
4. Basically, I plan to get my fat calories from limited amounts of extra virgin olive oil, a small amounts of nut, a portion of an avocado, and limited cheese.
5. I've cut way back on sodium, and that will continue.
I have a feeling these changes will make a good difference.