My 2013 Goals
Monday, December 31, 2012
The following are my goals for 2013:
1. Nutrition – I am doing a pretty good job of planning my meals and sticking to them, with the exception that I will sometimes (once a week) go off track late at night. In 2013, I want to be more careful about this. If I can cut it back to once every 2 weeks for the next 3 months and then once a month after that I will make huge strides. I am also going to buy a food scale so I can double check my serving sizes.
2. Cooking - I have been trying out new recipes from this website and we are enjoying them very much. I will continue to do this, with a goal of trying at least one new recipe each week.
3. Exercise – I have been walking or riding a stationary bike 3-5 times a week, for 45 minutes at a time. We just rejoined our old gym. I will do 4 sessions of cardio a week during the next month. In the next 4 weeks, I want to add in 2 classes a week of strengthening and toning. We used to love to play racquetball and will start it up again as soon as we both feel we can do so without injury, with the goal being within the next 6 months.
4. Enjoying life – We have a tendency to be so frugal that we limit ourselves in our activities. This year we plan to do more traveling. We already have two trips booked in the first half of this year. We think the gym will be a fun activity, especially when we start playing racquetball. We also want to enjoy the jacuzzi a couple of times a week.
5. New hobbies – I love to read, but I want to add more hobbies. The first will be that I'm going to try my hand at making a simple quilt. The other thing I've been getting into lately is doing projects on my house. This year I am going to tile some floors and refinish our cabinets.
6. Finally, weight goals – I want to lose 30 pounds, and then decide if I'm at a good place. At most I would want to lose another 10, but 30 would be very healthy for me. To make it easier I am setting the following mid-term goals: a) We have a trip starting Feb 20 so that is a good target to lose the first 7-10 pounds. I will need to lose an average of about 1-1.5 pounds a week. b) Our second trip starts April 25, so another 10 by then would mean just over 1 pound a week. c) My birthday is mid-June, so if I plan to try to lose another 3 by then (allowing that I will be satisfied to remain stable on my trip) at about 1 pound per week. That leaves 7-10 pounds, which I will give myself to the end of August to accomplish. I think these are reasonable and attainable goals, especially now that we are going back to the gym and my husband is on board with all of this.