I have some NSV's!
- I've graduated to 8 pound free weights, yeah! (I know, I'm such a wimp.)
- I can walk at 3 mph on the treadmill without holding on! It's taken me all this time to change my gait so that I wasn't limping. I still hold on at 3.3 miles an hour, but I'm working on it.
- I had to buy smaller underwear. I never realized how annoying it is to exercise in underwear that's too big!
- I have to go buy a new pair of exercise pants. The ones I bought last month now can be worn at empire waist height.
- I also got my C-reactive protein test results back. It went from 11.8 to 7.3! I'm very relieved. Hopefully, it will continue to drop as I lose more weight.
Then, I got the nicest surprise! My husband joined Spark People! He grumpily informed me that he was only joining to use the food tracker. This from a man whose idea of losing weight meant eating one meal a day. In the 38 1/2 years we've been married I have never seen him even once write down what he ate. (Is the earth's core frozen?)
My husband has been so supportive of me. He says he's really impressed with what I've accomplished. Wow. It's been really fun watching and helping him find his way around the food tracker. Who knows, he might just take a look at the rest of Spark while he's there one day. I know I only joined Spark People to use the food tracker, too.
Okay, my husband has been doing something really annoying. (This is funny. I'm just telling you this since some of you really don't seem to get when I find something amusing.) My husband is trying to help me as much as possible. He will no longer go grocery shopping for me. Oh, he doesn't tell me that, he's much more subtle than that. He's trying to get me to leave the house more, so now he gives me a choice. I can either go with him or go on my own. I can't help but find this amusing and kind of touching. Except that this morning he wanted more fat free half and half for his coffee and couldn't I go to the store? Okay, the store is five minutes away, but I'm dressed in my workout clothes! Furthermore, I don't know how, but my hair knew when I woke up this morning that the humidity was over 90%! Saying I'm having a bad hair day doesn't even cover this. Since there's a pint of fat free half and half still in the frig I think I can wait until after I exercise and shower and beat and abuse my hair before I tackle leaving the house!
P.S. My husband has a Spark Page! (It took me two months to do that!) He's TK25-57.