DIY 2.0 Assignment 12 (6/11 - 6/14)
Sunday, June 17, 2012
Challenge Name: Who's Your VIP?
Now its time for the final countdown to the last day of the challenge. We want to be in the best shape possible so here are your instructions to have a successful weigh in on Friday.
1. What did you do since last Friday that you really didn't want to do at first?
-Awesome walk Friday with the kiddo.
2. How did you surprise yourself?
-I actually had a lot of fun at my brother-in-law's party over the weekend. I'm not a social person and I was pretty convinced I was going to be miserable the whole time (mostly folks I don't know.)
3. Tell me about the prettiest thing you ate.
-Fantastic smoked pork.
4. Drink a least 64-72 ounces of water each and every day. This will bring down your water weight and keep you from overeating or reaching for an effing soda, which (even diet) has the perfect amount of diet-suicide in it.
-I've been doing pretty good lately about drinking 8 cups of water, but I've realized I need closer to 10-12 to really feel hydrated. I have started drinking 2-3 cups first thing in the morning and that's helping a lot to make sure I get enough water in.
5. Eat no more than ONE SERVING of any sugary snack or treat. This does NOT mean 'one visit to the bag', if a serving size is half a chocolate bar- only eat half- don't be greedy.
-I think I did okay with this most days this week. I think I may have had a few too many hershey's nugget bars Friday. Must not have unhealthy food within arms reach at my desk, especially while trying to meet a deadline.
6. Get as close to 7-8 hours of sleep as you can each night.
-I did not do very good this week. Baseball games 3 of 4 nights this week put all schedules out the window.
7. Exercise as often as you can within your normal standards. Any PR breaking could lead to swelling and water retention which would cause the scale to go up on Friday or the measuring tape to measure a bloat!
-Again, this was really an off week. I'm really looking forward to DH's schedule changing this weekend. I really hate when he works the overnight shift.
Not terribly proud of this last challenge week. Last week was really a good week for me, this week, not so much.