Who doesn't like Surprises? Not me, I love them!!!
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
A few months ago I actually did put into writing some goals - no - not new year resolutions but goals. This whole journey of a healthy life-style was partially motivated by my birhday coming up in May. So:
1) a considerable weight loss is one of them, I'm doing extremely well with that goal.
2) to wear jewely well, and to not 'eat' the finish off it - woohoo - bracelet that did not fit, now are loose; necklaces are no longer chokers and I have to hold my palm up for you to see what my ring looks like - lol
3) hula hoop by May - not great yet but I have mastered 58 rotations before losing it. Average 25-30 at this point in MARCH - not MAY
4) run a mile by May - and here is what has me totally Surprised - - -
..........the unusual beautiful weather in NJ has done havoc on the allergies so I've come home from work not feeling energetic at all. By 9pm tonight I had to get moving so decided to jog in place - in front of The Biggest Loser. 16 minutes later I realized I had kept up a strong pace, pumping my arms and wondering just what that would have meant if I were on the street or treadmill. Me thinks I may be well on my way to reaching that goal of 1 mile by May. Yes, I am Surprised. 3 hours of Zumba for10 weeks is probably a contribuitng factor but again, I'm stunned. Probably because I may not have believed this was possible and didn't REALLY want to do it - I hate to run. BUt I also hated to sweat for an entire lifetime. That too is changing.
Okay - two more changes I found this week
1) those bones between my neck and shoulders - they make me FEEL beautiful
2) my legs are longer - or should I say my thighs are longer. Today while riding in the car I looked down and wondered where those long legs came from. It's been a LONG time since I've had a lap. That was really a FUN FIND.
Yes, I LOVE Surprises!! Looking forward to finding more!!