I am a really big fan of the website pinterest.com
. I mainly like to go there to look for recipes. I already subscribe to a number of healthy eating blogs (plus to a few that aren't healthy by any means). When I found the recipe sharing on pinterest I was in heaven.
Over this weight loss journey I have become bored with the foods that we have been eating in our house. It's the same thing week after week. BORING!!!!!! So the past few months I have been on a mission to find new and tasty recipes that myself AND my family will love. I have found a lot of winners.
I want to share one of those winners with everyone! Please note, that this is NOT my original recipe. I did modify it slightly but the original recipe is not mine. You can find the original recipe at www.recipe-diarie
I have entered the recipe into the SparkRecipe website so that I could get the nutritional data based on the ingredients that I used. You can view that nutritional information at recipes.sparkpeop
. I have taken lots of pictures to show you how EASY this recipe is to make.
Bubble Up Enchiladas
1 lb extra lean ground beef
10 ounce can enchilada sauce
8 ounce can tomato sauce
16 oz can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 1/4 cup shredded low fat mexican cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cup biscuits into fourths and measure out cheese. Basically, get your ingredients ready for cooking.
3. Brown beef and drain if needed.
4. Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tomato sauce. Once that is mixed up add in the cut up biscuits to the pan.
5. Pour the contents of the pan into a greased casserole (I used an 8x11 casserole dish) and bake for 25 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through. Usually I use a tooth pick to see if the biscuits are done.
6. Take out of oven and sprinkle cheese on top.
7. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
8. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
I really enjoyed this recipe! It was super tasty and my husband told me that I could make it again (which means he really liked it). I will say that it seemed really bready to me. The next time I make it I will probably only use 12 ounces of biscuits instead of 16 (will probably use the same kind but just remove 1 biscuit). You can serve this with black beans and a small salad to complete your meal. Enjoy!