Nearing the End of Week 1
Friday, January 06, 2012
So here it is, Friday (finally!) of Week 1. How are things going so far?
* I've made every meal on my list so far. I think tonight may end up being leftover night because my fridge is PACKED to the gills with good yummy foods!
* I've gotten in 3 out of 3 of my scheduled workouts. :) I can feel the motivation building. I'm actually excited to go to the gym tonight and knock out 30 minutes of my Nike Training Camp circuit program. (Added bonus? No machines required...just a mat, a medicine ball, dumbbells and a corner somewhere. :) )
* I've kickstarted my motivation again. I've been collecting gold stars for days doing what I say I'm going to do, and that always builds my confidence and motivation to continue. I no longer cringe when someone asks how much I've lost...I proudly tell them.
* The scale is taking TEENY steps down. I know I'm hitting a good stride when it does this. For me, it means I'm being consistent. Now this morning I had a big downward plunge, but I know to probably expect another upward swing tomorrow back to right around 306 where I've been hovering (ticking off a couple ounces each day).
* I've been drinking my water consistently AND taking my supplements. I do think they might be helping. I feel better already and my back is hurting much less (even with some Zumba I've been doing at home with the Kinect!).
* I've been saying no to food when I'm not hungry, and am finding it easier to do so. It's amazing what the right mindset and some built up self-confidence from following through on your plans can do.
So, I'd say it's going pretty well.
Review of the meals for the week?
Brown Sugar Chicken? YUCK! TOO SWEET! (who would've thought I'd ever say that?)
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie? YUM! A few minor tweaks (less liquid, add peas and maybe onions, and a dash or two of salt and pepper) and we'll be set with this one. Ethan even asked for seconds!!
Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs? Pretty good. I'd make it again. It isn't the best ever, but it's pretty quick and easy. I'm thinking of making a bunch of meatballs in advance for these meals and freezing my own bags of them so I already have them on-hand. Then it's just toss in the crock and let it cook. (The boys have already requested another round of Spaghetti and Meatballs. I have a few minor tweaks to do on the meatballs because Ethan noticed the switch from Ground Chuck to Ground Turkey. It may be in the way I'm packing them as ground turkey tends to get more dense than ground chuck. Or maybe I'll just make them with ground sirloin and keep the beef texture that he likes.)
I doubt I'll get my fried tofu, honestly. Haven't made it to Kroger here in the city yet as I've had short lunches all week. I'll go next week though...there are a few other things I'd like to get there as well.
This weekend is my birthday weekend, so that means I'm planning on crazy-Esther-flavored fun. Tomorrow I run/walk (depending on how I feel) my 3.0 miles to end out my 30th year. (I would love to then to a 5k or 3.1 miles the next day *smirk* but I don't think it's wise since I'm just getting back into this again. Do NOT want to reinjure myself!) I'll be making Logan's requested "Unstuffed" Cabbage Rolls (found another recipe for it too - turned into a casserole! - which I might try. (Sorry, but getting the leaves off the cabbage whole was impossible so I created my own dish the last time I set out to make stuffed cabbage rolls. I'll leave the cabbage rolls to the experts - my BFF's family and church! :) ) I'll also need to pick up my cake by noon. I ordered a vegan chocolate cake with vegan buttercream icing. I hope it's good! (I seriously doubt she'd screw this up...everything she makes is AMAZING and this isn't her first vegan cake...her friend has a son who has dietary issues so she makes him vegan cakes and cupcakes.) We're toying with the idea of going to see some comedy tomorrow night, but I have to work that out with Hubs tonight when I get home.
Then Sunday is the big day...and I'll get my gifts and my big fat cheeseburger. Then? I don't know. Movie maybe. Hiking? Tennis or basketball at the park? If it ends up being nice like it's supposed to be, I want to spend the day outside. But I also kinda want to see a movie. *lol* (I have a Film minor for a reason! ;) )
You know, I thought I'd be super stressed about turning 31, but I don't feel that way at all. In fact, I'm stoked! Here's to another year of making myself better than I've ever been! I cannot wait! Watch out world, here comes a kick@$$, hardcore, take-no-prisoners, but loving and caring and thoughtful 31 year old woman! (Did anyone else feel like at 31 they finally "got" it? Like they finally understood that they didn't have to fit some ideal mold of who they should be and they could be both kick@$$ and hardcore AND loving and thoughtful? It's like I'm finally sorting out what I want from life, demanding that from those who claim to love me, and loving myself enough to let go of those that can't give that to me.) Whatever, I'm probably just babbling, but I can't say that I've ever been THIS excited about a birthday...except maybe like 16 or something. *shrug*