Down Dog Days of Summer
1. LIST ALL THE HEALTHY GOOD STUFF YOU ATE OVER THE 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND.
Healthy eating...yeah, not so great this last weekend. Recorded 3 out of 4 days, but I ate a ton of crap and really did not eat 2 servings of healthy food for every serving of crap. Oh well, baby step counted for recording 3 of 4 days. And my healthy food list... carrot sticks, big salad (light on dressing and full of veggies), watermelon, grapes, strawberries.
2. MARK YOUR CALENDARS WITH A STAR/STICKER/HAPPY FACE/ CHECK MARK- WHATEVER YOU WANT- ONE MARK FOR CARDIO ON EACH DAY YOU DID IT AND ONE MARK FOR STRENGTH TRAINING ON EACH DAY YOU DID IT. YOU WILL USE THESE SAME MARKS ON EVERY CALENDAR DAY SO PICK A CUTE/FUN/POWERFUL/INSPIRING MARK!
I already started doing this. At the beginning of the challenge when we were instructed to dig out the calendars I realized I'd let mine slip for the last month or two so I updated it and got on the ball. I have different pretty prism stickers for cardio, strength training, and yoga.
3. REPORT HOW MANY DAYS YOU MET YOUR HOMEWORK ON ASSIGNMENT 1.
Nutrition...epic failure. I had some healthy stuff, but it didn't really compare to the candy, cake, chips, pie, ice cream...well, you get the picture.
Fitness...Two successful days...sort of. One 30 min day, one day with almost 2 hrs. Two rest days. The rest days I'm sort of conflicted about. I did work out for 5 straight days before taking those two rest days. I really did need REST on one day cause I ended up taking a 2 hr nap Sunday (way weird for me). On the other hand though, one day probably would have been good. And honestly, I kept working up to working out, but then not doing it. And, now that I think about it, I think I used my past success (working out for 5 days) to justify NOT working out those two days (deja vu back to the ticker update blog?) Just because I do good for one day, or two, or five, does not mean I have earned a day off. It shouldn't work that way. Needed rest is one thing, but I think this may have been self sabotage.
So...GOALS FOR THIS WEEK.
4. ON TWO OF THE NEXT FOUR DAYS, WORKOUT FOR ONE HOUR EACH. IT CAN BE BROKEN UP INTO SETS OF 15 MINUTES OR MORE IF NECESSARY, BUT YOU GOT TO HAVE IT ADD UP TO AN HOUR.
I can do this. I will do this. I'm actually shooting for an hour on 2 days and at least 30 minutes the other 2 days.
5. ON YOUR CALENDAR, MARK ANY UPCOMING DAYS WHEN YOU WILL HAVE EXTRA OBSTACLES. SUCH AS FAMILY VISITS OR OBLIGATIONS, DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENTS, LATE WORK NIGHTS, ETC- SO YOU CAN PLAN AHEAD AND SEE THEM COMING.
-Hubby is actually off work Tuesday and Wednesday...so don't count on any evening workouts. Lunchtime workouts may be hard too with some upcoming field work. A while back I tried working out in my little 'office gym' for 30 minutes right after work before I headed home. Maybe I'll try that. Doesn't put me home super late like fighting traffic to and from the gym, and normal traffic home from the office actually clears out some after 5:30pm compared to leaving the office at 5pm sharp. I'm going to keep trying to get up for a.m. workouts. So far, I just keep snoozing the alarm. Gotta get to bed earlier than midnight and keep trying.
**BONUS** COUNT HOW MANY CALORIES YOU *DRINK* IN A DAY!
Uh...note to self, throw away the empty Mtn. Dew can you left in the car from this morning and NIX THE SODA!
Additional personal goal, keep trying to record what you eat. Gotta work on that Stretch.