What do I deserve?
Thursday, June 23, 2011
It's funny that the universe is so steadfast in its ability to send to you what you need or should have! I haven't billed my new, private coaching practice as weight loss coaching yet I am attracting primarily clients who wish to lose weight. Because my practice is on the phone and my clients are from all over North America, they don't get to see me and don't usually know that I've lost weight. In fact, during 2 initial interview sessions, 2 separate clients said they had seen my photo on my webpage and didn't think I would understand their problem because I was so thin - interesting!! So the universe knows what it's doing and I am learning more and more about the struggles we all face with weight loss through the exploration of my clients' lives.
It has become part of my initial assessment to ask my clients what they believe they deserve. The answers astonish me! Ranging from physical abuse ("I deserve as swift kick in the you know where") to emotional abuse ("to be an unhappy sow apparently") with all kinds of other nasty stuff in between, no one has yet answered the question in a positive way. It makes a great jumping off point for coaching - if the Law of Attraction has any validity at all, is it any wonder that my clients are overweight and not happy about it? Getting my clients to create a new answer to that question has become a powerful tool!
So - here's how I'd like to answer the question for myself - throw in your own answers! I'd love to read them.
* to be proud of myself
* to look in a mirror with admiration
* to walk up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing or turning bright red
* to go to bed at night feeling like I had treated myself with respect
* to feel my husband's arms around me - completely around me! And doubled up in back!
* to attend a doctor's appointment without fear
* to stand on top of Red Gap Pass in Glacier NP in Montana and feel my soul soar with the eagles
* to love myself more than I love food
* to watch my grandchildren grow up
* to enjoy my meals and not diminish that enjoyment by reget at what I had just eaten!
* to know my heart can withstand the pressure of a sustained cardiac workout
* to be told I look great (you can leave the "for your age" part off please!)
* to honour myself this minute - not starting Monday!
* to live my authentic life and to fulfill my life's purpose
* to dance and laugh and sing with joy
I deserve, quite simply, to be happy.
And you do too!