Urban Adventure Race
Saturday, June 04, 2011
Last Sunday, me and my hubby were "Team Despicable WE" in our city's own version of the Amazing Race, better known as the Mitsubishi City Chase. Teams of two from major cities across Canada participate in a scavenger hunt/obstacle course/challenge. The winners go to nationals, and national winners compete internationally. We were happy to just finish.
The Chase requires that you collect 10 points in under 6 hours. You can only walk, run, or use public transit. You have to figure out the clue to get to each chase point, then successfully complete a challenge in order to receive the chase point. Here is a list of some of the things we did:
* I held a snake. He ate a worm (a crunchy worm).
* I was "tarred" and feathered.
* He performed a rap song in a park.
* I scaled a rock-climbing wall, blindfolded.
* He completed 50 push-ups in under a minute.
* We convinced two girls in mini-skirts to ride stationary bikes on Main Street for 10 minutes.
* We did an obstacle course while chained together.
* We ran, walked, and hobbled for over 30 kilometres and 5.5 hours.
It was an amazing experience. A great physical workout (didn't need a long run that weekend!) and so much fun. I couldn't imagine a better way to be active while spending quality time with my man. Awesomeness.