Here we go again!
Wednesday, May 04, 2011
Okay, so I saw my neurosurgeon yesterday. I basically already knew what he was going to say, but the visit confirmed it. I will be going on vacation to Vegas for 7 days beginning 7 May. When I return, I will be starting a physical therapy routine. If physical therapy does not work out he recommended not waiting too long for the surgery. Apparently, I have 2 bulging discs in my C-Spine and one ruptured disc that has ruptured towards my spinal cord and is putting pressure on the cord and surrounding nerves. Since I am showing signs of numbness in my hands and feet, he does not want me to put off surgery if necessary due to the fact that the numbness can become permanent.
I can hardly wait! LOL
I told him I was not interested in doing the pain management route again with the steroids and neck shots. That just does not do well for me. So I will keep you all updated on how physical therapy goes. Who knows, maybe it will work this time.
On a positive note, I thoroughly trust and respect my neurosurgeon. He has been upfront and honest every time I have seen him. He says if physical therapy doesn't work, that he is pretty certain (there is always a risk that a surgery will fail) that he can fix the area affected and have me back on my feet within two - three weeks. Probably will be able to get back to work by the 3rd or 4th week. That will be a blessing! Nothing worse than laying around hurting! I would rather be up and working as much as possible than sitting around the house!
So keep me in your prayers for PT to work like magic and no surgery will be necessary! (That is the outcome I want, however, God will decide not me and I can live with His decision with His help!)