Looking back... from Kaseycoff
Tuesday, January 04, 2011
I don't usually do these things, for one thing I never can get them to cut and paste on my blog page and I'm lazy. But I haven't done a look back at the past year and I do think the past deserves to be acknowledged. I stole this from Kasey who got it from Kate...
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Got a new shoulder.
2. Did you keep your 2010 resolutions and did you make more for 2011?
I don't make resolutions, I set goals and I hit a lot of my goals for 2010. I made a few for 2011. I need a road map so I know where to drive this car.
3. What places did you visit?
The California Delta and Portland Or.
4.What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Financial security, work that I enjoy, a peaceful relationship with my sister and my goal weight.
5. What date will remain etched upon your memory and why?
April 8, I got a new shoulder and my physical life back.
6.What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The new shoulder and my recovery from that surgery.
7. What was your biggest failure?
Didn't get the job I really wanted.
8. What was the best thing you bought?
I can't think of one specific thing, however I did become a master of thrift store shopping and bought my new size 10 wardrobe for under 100 bucks.
9.Whose behavior merited celebration?
My daughter Cait, she got her first grown-up job and officially moved out to her own real grown-up apartment.
10. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
11. Where did most of your money go?
Day to day living.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My new front yard. I had planned it for years, but time and physical constraints kept me from doing it. This year because of the new shoulder I was able to do my own landscaping. I now have the front yard of my plans and dreams.
13. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Hey Soul Sister
14. Compared to this time last year, are :
happier or sadder? Happier. So far, more at peace personally for sure.
thinner or fatter? Thinner, hooray!
richer or poorer? Well, I have less debt, but I also have less cash, so materially poorer, but like I said, I have more personal peace-that's worth at least $10,000.
15.What do you wish you had done more of?
Painting, creating more art.
16. What do you wish you had done less of?
17. What was your favorite tv show?
I hate to admit how much I am fascinated by reality tv. 19 kids and counting and sister wives had my attention. Still love the cooking shows, love Cooking channel, Outsourced is my favorite new show this year, it takes me back to India.
18. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this year?
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
My new Ipod shuffle. I have now joined the new millennium.
20. What did you want and get?
My health and a new strong body, time-I've read 100s of books this year.
21. What did you want and not get?
22. What was your favorite film this year? OOOOOHHH, Up, RED, Julia and Julie. The one with the minions in it. Guess there wasn't just one.
23. What did you do for your birthday and how old were you?
Dined at a Persian restaurant and turned 59.
24. What one thing would have made this year immeasurable more satisfying?
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept for 2010?
Pants have non-elastic waistbands.
26. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don't get me started, it's a blog for another website.
27. Who did you miss?
28. Who was the best new person you met?
I was blessed with more than a handful of wonderful spark buddies.
29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Sometimes life just is what it is.
30. Quote a song that sums up your year:
I'm still running against the wind.