Cheerful interim update
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Some days I feel as if I am sliding into depression, then I have a great day like today, and I feel as if everything is going to be fine again.
Things to be thankful for this week:
1. I reached 10,000 steps on my pedometer at least 3 times.
2. My boss was calm this week. What a difference it makes!
3. My husband's doing fine at his faraway post.
4. There is still money left in the bank account when the bills are paid (this is a new experience!)
5. We finally got rid of the fleas in one synchronized indoor-outdoor blast.
6. The kids are still doing well at school.
7. My son's guidance counselor is a life-saver!
8. The chestnut harvest (one tree: front yard) is great this year.
9. We got to see the Cirque du Soleil with my Stepmom today. It was indescribable. The things those acrobats can do with their bodies! Unbelievably amazing.
10. The craziest part of September is over. Maybe things will settle into a routine now.
11. I got a shoulder and neck massage; I have one this week too.
12. I signed on with a dietitian to help me stay on track over the next few months.
Iffy or not so good things:
1. The cat got very upset about something (household flea treatment? flea bath? other?), and thoroughly wet my bed one night, just before I went upstairs...
2. I have a checkup this week. I'm not sure the numbers are moving in the right direction (weight, blood pressure, blood glucose, lipid panels, etc.). We'll see.
3. Kids miss their Dad; I miss my husband. 1.5 months down, 4.5 more to go.
4. Unknown people in the neighborhood are stealing all the chestnuts while I'm at work and my kids are at school, and not leaving any for us. I don't mind sharing, but them getting all the chestnuts and me getting all the conkers doesn't strike me as a fair exchange. Whenever we catch them in the act, they pretend they don't understand English. This has been going on for over 15 years, by the way. It's just these two blessed weeks in mid-September.
Oh, good! The good stuff outnumbers the bad stuff! That's encouraging.
I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for unstinting support during these roller coaster times.
I'm going to stop here for tonight, because one of my resolutions is to get to bed earlier.