First of all, a thank you to everyone who snapped me out of my nonsense yesterday. By the end of the day you all had me feeling once more like the strong, powerful, and motivated woman I really am.
Lots of love to all of you!
I was going to write you a detailed account of last night, but it's really not necessary. I'm going to TRY to be brief.
* No AM workout. SUCK!
* No walk at lunch. SMART! 99 degrees and humidity out the you-know-what!
* Going to the mall instead. AWESOME!
* Buying a tank in size 22/24. MORE AWESOME!
* Realizing you could've gone smaller. AWESOMEST!
* Impromptu going away dinner for a friend. SAD.
* Actually liking something about the pics taken of me. COOL.
* Japanese Steakhouse. YIKES!
* Ordering veggies & tofu with my sushi and avoiding miso soup. AWESOME!
* Fried tofu. YUMMY! (BTW - it tasted like fair food! *lol*)
* Too much sodium (soy sauce). UGH! ...but could have been much worse!
* Rushing home (read: speeding) to get a walk before dark. HILARIOUS!
* Brisk 15 minute walk. DEATH!
* First minute out of air. UH-HUH! Have to quit smoking!
* Telling myself I could just make it 10 minutes. LOSER!
* Wanting to give up at 6 minutes. ACK!
* Pushing through all 15 minutes. SCORE!
* Realizing I did a 17 min/mile pace. OMG! YAY!!
* Doing another 45 minutes on my inStride watching Jillian. SCORE!
* Previewing 30-Day Shred. YIKES!
* Bed at 11:30pm. UH-OH!
* Doing last minute crunches before bed. SCORE!
I am a success! Excuses are for losers, and I am NOT a loser!
This morning I woke up again at 4:30 am and did a DVD of AM Yoga before work. Had plenty of time to relax and destress before work. Felt centered and powerful. And now I keep looking over at my resistance bands thinking maybe I should incorporate those into my ST today. No walk training scheduled for today, so any walking at lunch will just be for me and will include a leisurely stroll. I might *gulp* take the day off of walking entirely and just plan on pulling weeds tonight. *shrug* As far as the 30-Day Shred? I refuse to start it until after this weekend.
Speaking of...anyone got any tasty/healthy camping recipes? We're thinking of going to Hocking Hills this weekend to get some camping in. We bought a tent last year and haven't even opened it. (Long story!) Hoping to get some use out of it Friday and Saturday -- and do some hiking! WOOT!
Well...that's brief for me anyhow!
Don't forget to drink your water! (It's getting so hot out there!!)