Healthy Survey - Stolen from SCHWINNER (I just had to play)
Friday, April 30, 2010
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Kashi Go Lean, sprinkled with added cinnamon and 2% milk
2. How much water do you drink a day?
60 oz of Green Tea, 20 oz coffee, and usually 40 - 50 oz water
3. What is your least favorite "healthy" food?
Legumes - I try & try but I can't get past the texture of black beans, kidney beans and the like.
I know they are good for you - but ... *ack*
4. What is your favorite fruit?
This week - blueberries
5. What is your favorite vegetable?
I can't pick one - asparagus, tomato, and lately I can't get enough cucumbers
6. How many calories do you burn a week?
1800 is my goal.
7. How many calories do you eat a day?
8. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Skinny Cow Chocolate Ice Cream Cone
9. What do you usually eat for lunch?
I try to make different types of salads using a variety of veggies. This week a fav is chopped cucumber, onion, plain greek yogurt, dill weed, garlic & tuna all mixed in big bowl with a side of high fiber whole grain crackers. YUM!
10. What is usually for dinner?
Tofu Stir Fry, Turkey Burgers and broiled chicken breast with sweet potato & asparagus are house favorites
11. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
12. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
13. What is your least favorite exercise?
14. What is your favorite exercise?
15. What is your "bad" food cravings?
Anything frozen from Starbucks or Wendy's Chocolate Frostys ... evil... pure evil.
16. What is your go to workout song?
While I LOVE music - I don't really use music while working out. Unless you count the background music on the Wii -- which ... is really just background noise.
17. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Yes. I'm a big user of Fish Oil not only for it's heart & metabolic advantages but I've learned that it really helps stabilize my moods. I also take a B-Vitamin supplement as it's suppose to help the nerve damage that's brought on by my Bells Palsy.
18. How often do you eat out?
Maybe once or twice a week.
19. Do you eat fast food?
Only occasionally. I really, really try to avoid it. Not only is the food generally crap - the fast food industry is directly responsible for our crappy food industry which is really terrifying once you start learning about where our food comes from. I try not to support fast food with my money -- but *sigh* sometimes it's unavoidable.
20. How do you stay motivated?
I'm a Taurus. I'm stubborn. When I get a thought in my head I never stop till I get to my goal. Simply seeing so many obese people at the stores or on the streets is enough to remind me that that is not a healthy way to be. And I want to be healthy.
21. Who is your biggest supporter?
My boyfriend and without a doubt my Sparkfriends! This place rocks! And without the support of others who are trying to do the same thing as myself - I don't know if I would have been as successful.
22. How much weight have you lost?
One Hundred and Ten Pounds. So far ;)
23. How did you determine your goal weight?
Originally I picked a number in the middle of the BMI chart to shoot for. Since then I've talked to my doctor to determine a healthy range for me to be in.
24. Do you have a gym membership?
25. How often do you work out?
4-6 days a week, depending on what's going on.
26. How did you find Spark?
A Google search for a calorie tracker brought me here.
27. How much sleep do you get a night?
At least 6 hours, but I love to get closer to 8 when possible.
28. Are you a morning or night workout person?
I'm lucky to be able to lift a coffee mug to my mouth in the morning .. I'm seriously an evening exercise person.
29. Do you have a "cheat" day?
I generally give myself a "cheat" meal once every week to 10 days. I've only taken 2 full days off the program in the past 16 months. Both were holidays and ... I just said no to counting & measuring. Everyone deserves a break now and again.
30. Do you drink soda?
Not really. I've never been a big soda drinker.
31. Do you drink alcohol? How much?
I'm a seriously cheap date - two glasses of wine and I threaten to get nekkid. So -- no - I only drink occasionally - usually for a wedding or other social function.
32. What is your favorite thing about Spark?
Tracking of food and workouts, my friends, the resources
33. What do you not like about your body? What do you love about your body?
Right now I'm not happy with the left side of my face - it's still effected by the Bells Palsy. But other than that my belly could still shrink a bit - but I'm starting to like my arms (the bat wings have disappeared) and my boyfriend is really enjoying the curves of my hips to my waist.
34. Do you have a workout buddy?
My boyfriend enjoys going on walks with me. But the rest of it I do on my own without a buddy.
35. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to this Healthy Lifestyle?
I've gotten off the anti-depressants. The reaction of my loved ones has been pretty good too. But really I'm loving how my body is feeling. Like a well oiled machine -- I really didn't know how bad I was feeling - until I lost all this weight and feel great! Every day I'm noticing a change in my body or an ability I didn't know I had -- I love the adventure of it all.
Enjoy my Sparkfriends! You guys ROCK!!