Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I did a little grocery shopping today. I've set up some rules for myself, such as: always get at least two things from the produce isle, at least one thing from the dairy isle, only one "junk" food, at least one protein... etc.
What I got today:
* Low fat yogurt smoothies (for breakfasts)
* Light whole wheat english muffins (for breakfasts) (I'll alternate with those whole grain frozen waffles this place got me into last time around)
* Raw almonds
* Variety box of 100 calorie packs (cookies & crackers)
* Soy milk (I'm lactose intolerant, so I thought I'd try it out)
* Light chocolate syrup (so I'll drink the milk - half the amount of sugar)
* Weight loss oatmeal (for breakfasts)
Along with peanut butter and reduced sugar jelly (can't live without PB&J in the morning), these things will form my usual work/school lunches from now on. When it gets colder out I'll probably start making sugar free cocoa with soy milk. I'm avoiding caffeine.
The menu for tomorrow:
Breakfast - Oatmeal, yogurt smoothie
Lunch - Cucumber & celery sticks, PB&J on english muffin, string cheese, WATER
Afternoon snack - 100 calorie pack, whatever we snack on during the boat trip!
Dinner - Mum's making salad, I think